Sunday, December 7, 2008

winding down...

Have you ever felt like something is so close yet so far away?  The deadline for my paper is only 3 days away... yet the amount of work that needs to be done is going to make those 3 days feel like 3 months.  I don't know why I chose "months" but that seems like a long time.  Words cannot express how anxious I am for this course to be done and over with.  I am looking forward to Wednesday night when I will walk to my favorite building with the most luxurious high rise condos albany has to offer and... well... that's the best part about handing in this paper.  It will be like handing over responsibility....  I will not make any plans for Wednesday night and there is no need.  I will just BE there.  My life will be much less cluttered with books (thank goodness for book-buy-backs), papers, and thoughts.  Oh, how my mind is begging to have a focus.  Not just on one thing... maybe 3 or 4 things... but DEFINITELY not on the number of things that are crowding my brain right now.  I can't even count them.  I have always been a worrywart so I don't suspect that all of the stress will subside until I receive my grade.  I will definitely not be getting any A's... and that doesn't bother me.  But passing is a big worry this semester.  Like never before.  There is more silver lining to the end of this course than one can even imagine.  

5 comments:

J. Eric Smith said...

I know how it feels . . . hang in there . . . it's oh so close, and you're gonna do it!!!!! It was lovely to see you and El C recently. We need to do it again when you are a lady of leisure after finishing up with school . . . I owe you a Thai dinner!

Christine said...

You're almost there! When do you present? Doesn't matter, you're so close and in a few days you will be a free woman. Which, I hope means a crafting woman. That's how I like 'em.

Sparticus said...

keep on keepin' on... you are smelling distance away from it.

adb said...

thanks you guys :)

Generic, I would love to have some Thai! Although I must allow myself a sufficient amount of time to let my digestive tract correct itself... did you know what sleep deprivation can do to a girl my size?!

christine, i have my x-mas gift list of projects set and sewing machine ready to go... (plus a project that i will consider a "merry x-mas to me" gift;)

nerd-iest, thank you for your sweet and consistent encouragement and for bearing the brunt of my craziness.

Sarah said...

So, is it all over, are you all done?!?!?!? Wish I could have been there to help you celebrate!